What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a method from traditional Chinese medicine systems that is more than 3,000 years old. It is called an “attraction therapy” as needles contact determined points of the body for stimulation. The Chinese medicine system has a full map of bodily Meridians or energy channels that are woven throughout the whole body using the nerves and bloodstream. Nutrients and energy are led through these channels to the internal organs. The provocation of the individual acupuncture points consciously activates the self regularization of the body’s internal organs.
Classically, there are altogether 361 acupuncture points on the body. The art of the
acupuncturist consists of finding the best combination of points to activate, in order to restore the patients body back into a healthy balance. With the numerous possible combinations of points and channels it is easy to understand why proper training is a must for the acupuncturist.
With most people, the idea of a needle entering their body naturally brings up thoughts of pain and discomfort. The acupuncture needles are however so thin that
when set by an experienced acupuncturist, the patient only experiences a slight pressure on the spot of insertion.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
In traditional Chinese medicine, it is believed that humans are healthy
only if their Yin and Yang energies are in a balanced relationship. Unlinke the belief in Western medicine that disease comes from the malfunction of indiviual organs, in traditional Chinese medicine the body is treated as a whole system working together. Acupuncture is only one of the five different therapy forms used to treat the body system.
When is the application of acupuncture helpful?
According to data from the World Health Organization (WHO), Acupunture has been proven effective when dealing with the following illnesses:
- Allergies (Hay Fever, Dust, Animal Hair and Dander)
- Breathing Illnesses (Almond Inflammation, Sinus Infection, Asthmatic Bronchitis)
- Eye Illnesses (Inflammation of the Retina, Conjunctivitis, Vision Problems)
- Stomach Illnesses (Chronic Gastritis, Infection of Stomach Lining, Heart Burn, Stomach Ulcer, Gastroptose, Constipation)
- Skin Disease (Herpes, Neurodermitis, Wound-Healing Disorders)
- Neurologic Illnesses (Headache, Migraine, Epilepsy, Impact Related Paralyses)
- Orthopedic Illnesses (Rheumatism, Arthritis, Shoulder Pain)
According to our experience, the following illnesses can also be successfully treated with Acupuncture:
- Psychological Disorders (Sleep Disturbances, Addictions, Depression)
- Irregular Heart Rate
- Eye Illnesses
- Illnesses Within the Neck, Nose, Ear Region (Smell and Taste Related Disturbances, Tinitus)
- Urologic illnesses
Consultation 15 €
(before acupuncture treatment)
Check-up and Full Diagnosis 50 €
(includes eye, tongue, skin, and pulse diagnostics)
Standard Package 40 €
(includes Massage and Moxabution when required)
Prolonged Ear needles 25 €
(addictions, smoking, compulsive eating, etc.)
(Gift Coupons for treatment available at the reception desk)
Please you bring along two bedsheets for your treatment! Thank you!